Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Question of the Day #687

I met with my critique group last night. I'd sent them the first few pages of the story I've been researching. As always, they brought up excellent questions. What's the bigger secret? Why is M able to see the things she sees?

Excellent questions. Questions I don't have answers to right now. And that's okay. Sometimes you just have to get your butt in the chair and trust that the answers to the questions will present themselves, right?

(A resounding "right!" would really boost my confidence right about now.)

What questions are you waiting for answers to?

xoxo,
Suzanne

10 comments:

  1. I'm trying to figure out how to close up a little pesky plot hole. I keep distracting myself with blogging though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll figure it out, Suzanne. You're awesome with making stories work! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! You have this one right, Suzanne.

    A suggestion: let this question go and keep on writing. It's amazing how solutions come to you after you let go of the nagging.
    Actually, letting go is one of the great secrets of life. (Caveat: Much easier said than done.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right you are! All things start with a concept. The details will indeed come.

    I'm waiting for answers to a new project that I am supposed to start in November. It sounds a bit scary on several levels right now...I'm hoping that as I get more answers, it will be less scary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me it's 'What scene will fit to transition the story from here to there?' Not so sure I'm going to find the answer blogging, though;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's amazing the rich answers the subconscious comes up with when we turn things over to it. i like to have a story in my or a character and not know all the answers about where it goes and how it ends but it's been assigned to my subconscious and sometimes, even at a red light in the middle of the day while i'm listening to the doors, i get my answer.
    good luck!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A resounding "CORRECT"! I have every confidence. Your a great writer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm doing research. The more I research the more questions I come up with. The trick is not to let researching get in the way writing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. no questions. Just a
    you betcha! (that's a YES)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please join our game of Questions.