Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Question of the Day #63

While I was in Vermont over the holidays, we not only played in the snow, bowled and made puzzles. We ate. And ate and ate and ate. We demolished blocks of creamy Vermont cheddar cheese, boxes of crackers, bags of nuts, and piles of chocolate between huge lasagna dinners, a turkey feast we all gave thanks for, and an amazing salmon slathered in a pistachio pesto grind.

We had happy hour every afternoon and concocted cocktails containing fruit and simple syrups. We warmed up with mulled wine and mellowed out with bubbly beer.

We in essence, wallowed in gluttony.

Now, back in the real world, I'm stunned to detect a little muffintop. But after a few days of grappling with the idea of cause and affect, I'm finally getting back to working out. My favorite form is hiking.

What's yours?

xoxo,
Suzanne

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great holiday!

    I'm back to Nordic Track--perfect for these icy days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll start skiing this weekend!!

    PS - my muffin top is in full effect. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I indulged as well! Halloween to Christmas is my "I can't stop eating" time. :0) I like to walk in my neighborhood or on the treadmill while watching my soap opera. I just received Wii Fit for Christmas. I (and the rest of the family) am enjoying that immensely. It keeps track of your weight, BMi, amount of time exercised (on or off the Wii). So I'm four days into it, and I'm lovin it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hiking, too, but my newest workout passion is the Rep Reebok class I go to at the gym. Basically, it's a weight-lifting class broken down into prescribed sets. Probably wouldn't be the same without such an awesome teacher, but for now, it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They don't call me the queen of over indulgence for nothing. Now that the holidays are over I am all about Pilates and something called Ballet Bar training. No muffin tops on ballerina's, so I'm hoping that translates for suburban housewives too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, seeing as we celebrated the same Christmas, and I mixed all of those evil fruity cocktails, I too must face the surprise jiggle. Dammit! I love my yoga - it can be quite a workout if you want it to be, but it can also (obviously) be quite relaxing and centering. I need more of that right now. Thank goodness I just booked myself for a 4-day retreay in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a big prego blob. Sorry for the negativity but I'm 5 days out from my due date and remaining positive about weight gain is tough. I usually love all sorts of exercise. Hiking, biking, walking, weight training, pilates...you name it. It'll be interesting to see if I can make time to get back in shape after the baby #3 arrives. Ho-hum....

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please join our game of Questions.