Saturday, March 26, 2011

Question of the Day #879



Last night, C walked out onto the bar's patio. A girl followed him.

"Can you really do it?" she asked.

"Yep," he said as he stuck a toothpick in his mouth, tilted his head back and tossed an olive up in the air.

The olive nicked the toothpick and hit the ground.

He launched another and missed it. When the third olive hit the ground, the girl rolled her eyes.

"I'm going back inside," she said.

"Does the olive ever actually pierce the toothpick?" I asked. "I mean don't you need more velocity?"

"He does it all the time," S said.

"He does?" H asked.

"Oh, yeah. It's his thing," S nodded.

"Like Molly Ringwald's lipstick trick in the Breakfast Club," H said.

"My friend, A, can tie a cherry stem into a knot with her tongue," I said. "And T can put her feet behind her head."

"Wow," S and H said at the same time.

"But I don't have a thing like that," I said.

Do you? Do you have a special thing you can do?

xoxo,
Suzanne

3 comments:

  1. I can do the cherry stem thing and I sit in a half lotus most of the time (does that count?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son can roll his tummy and touch parts of his back. Me, nothing special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope -- I'm hopeless. I can't even use chopsticks.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please join our game of Questions.