Sunday, October 24, 2010

Question of the Day #726

Tomorrow, I'm going to work in an office. I haven't worked in an office since 2002. I'm nervous about:

  • Fitting writing time into a 9 to 5 life
  • Not having cool enough office-like clothes (During my interview, the people in that place could have held an impromptu Monday morning runway show.)
  • Gaining weight because I won't be able to take my daily walk
  • Making poor food choices because I won't be able to whip up something healthy whenever I feel like it
  • Being the new kid
  • Hitting that 3:00 office dead zone where you can't keep your eyes open

Because I just re-read what I wrote and almost choked on the negativity, let me focus on the positive:

  • A paycheck
  • Meeting new people
  • Work creates more work
  • Exploring a new industry
  • Stretching my comfort zone
  • Learning something new

What negative will you turn into a positive?

xoxo,
Suzanne

10 comments:

  1. Taking this okay novel that Angela as spilled red ink all over and turning it into a great novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!!

    I have suffered frustrations and setbacks in making my daughter's Halloween costume. But in the end, my creativity will prevail, and she will look wonderful -- and it will always beat buying a costume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I want to say is that you're a brave brave woman.
    I salute you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new job Suzi!! So happy for you!! You're going to be a super rockstar at your new office!

    Negative: I am still gaining weight.
    Positive: I have enough money to buy the food which makes me gain weight. Plenty of people in the world wish they could say they can't stop gaining weight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and keep plugging away, many families are struggling with no job right now

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray paycheck!! Good luck on your first day tomorrow!

    My negative: I am sick.
    My positive: I can spend lots of time reading while I convalesce!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brown bag your lunch and take a walk while eating; don't worry about your clothes, they simply cover your nakedness; write the minute you get home for at least an hour or two, then enjoy the rest of your evening.

    Good luck Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to print this out! I'm dreading having to look for a job for ALL those reasons! Perhaps I've become lazier than I first thought...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! I wouldn't worry your pretty head about all those ultimately inconsequential negatives. The positives are super exciting! Life is what you make of it. Adapt, adapt, adapt. Challenge and growth are good. I'm excited for you! You'll be groovin' in no time.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please join our game of Questions.