Monday, October 18, 2010

Question of the Day #720

I talk out loud to my Granny. She died in 2003, but on a daily basis you can catch me babbling to her. It usually happens when I'm cooking, because I have a lot of her cookware and we used to cook together and somehow when I get in a kitchen, I feel like she's around. I'll ask her "Should I add more garlic to this?" or "What do you think of this so far?" Stuff like that.

I pray to her too. Every night before I sleep. Sometimes while I'm driving or taking a walk.

At various points this weekend, the conversations were about loved ones who have died. And when I mentioned my talks with Granny to friends, they also admitted they talk to angels. In fact, pretty much everyone I asked this weekend (and of course I got curious and asked everyone), said they talk to angels.

Do you?

xoxo,
Suzanne

12 comments:

  1. Sometimes, yes. I think we can be so overwhelmed in this crazy world that sometimes we need the help of the 'other.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. Just directly to God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I talk to my grandmother. I talk to my mother and father. So if they are angels, then yes, I talk to angels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - he was my angel here on earth & I feel his presence still.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister all the time she fought cancer all her life and died when she was 19. I think it helps to talk to past loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never met one, so no - having said that, I usually raise my first drink (when boozing) & toast the air, bow my head, tell my friends (inside my head) that I love them & miss them & to take care...then I snap out of it & sip away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Nono (grandpa) died when I was 16. He was the strongest, smartest man I have ever known, and the most important man in my life. Whenever I need strength, or protection, I talk to him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't really talk to the people who have passed away in my life. I do wonder if they approve of certain things I do. It keeps me honest, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I check-in with my grandmother and godfather. I find it very comforting, it's nice to feel someone's watching over you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, directly to God and to a few angels too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No, not to angels, just to God. I love how you talk to you grandma and how you feel she is with you while cooking. That's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've continued talking to my mom since her 2002 passing...

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please join our game of Questions.