Friday, June 19, 2009

Question of the Day #226

So last night, after a fabulous party on the beach, H and I stopped at CVS to pick up some Diet Coke. As we stood in line at the register, Peter Cetera's "Glory of Love" played on the muzak system. So I gripped the Diet Coke bottle like a microphone and serenaded H, quite dramatically.

A guy at a register started laughing. Then he said, "I was singing it too! I couldn't help it!"

After reading your comments about bad movies, I thought about bad songs. Like "Glory of Love." Tthroughout the 80's, that cheeze laden ballad inspired tweens to drape all over each other at dances. In fact, I remember that power ballad playing as I did that slow dance sway thing with my 7th grade BF, BK.

And last night, every sappy word came back to me in an instant. What bad song will you belt out every time?

xoxo,
Suzanne

11 comments:

  1. The night my wife and I met, the band did a pretty good job singing Super Freak by Rick James. I think we even danced to it. Soooooo now whenever I hear it, I sing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My answer would be every single Britney Spears, Spice Girls, NSYNC, and Backstreet Boys song that I memorized/worshipped when I was a young kid.

    I know the Britney Spears CDs back and forth. It's one of those guilty pleasures that you just have to belt out to when in a giant car of girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really hard to stay silent to Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive".

    ReplyDelete
  4. heeheehee...there are so many!! Shoppers Drug Mart seems to play all the bad ones you forget about, and I will find myself singing along out loud as I reach for the shampoo. And unlike you, I am not a good singer by any stretch of the imagination. :P

    One that comes to mind is Cher's "If I Could Turn Back Time" (which is now likely going to be stuck in my head all weekend).

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many! When I want my kids to wait a second, I sing, "Wait, Waaaait! I never had the chance to love you!" from the 80's White Lion tune.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kajagoogoo, "Too Shy, Shy, Hush, Hush, I do I" !! KB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this question! And I have oh so many answers but I'll stick with 3:
    1. Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler
    2. Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
    STH has to be mentioned because wasn't it the last song at all of our school dances? The last very long and very uncomfortable song to dance to, especially if you didn't really like your dance partner? And she's buuuuuyyyinnng the staaairway to heav-eeeeen.
    3. It's Raining Men - Pointer Sisters
    Oh god, in my head constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Lisa D!!! Total ecplise... is the best sappy song and just maybe "I want to know what love is?" is the 2nd! Is that the title? Maybe S. will remember:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! "Glory of Love" was one of my favorites back in the day.

    Probably every bad song of the 80's.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please join our game of Questions.