Thursday, June 18, 2009

Question of the Day #225

When I was in college, my friend Waldo and I were invited to a screening of Bad Girls by another friend. Think Tombstone for girls - but worse. It stars Madeleine Stowe, Andie MacDowell, Mary Stuart Masterson and Drew Barrymore and the premise is that these four prostitutes are on the run for killing a colonel. They encounter all sorts of bad guys and steal their guns, kidnap one of them, break out of jail, jack a guy's ranch and somehow make it out alive.

It's hilarious.

Mind you, it's not meant to be. But when Drew Barrymore leaps over a wall on a horse and shoots a man, dead center, in mid air, you can't help but burst out laughing.

And that's exactly what Waldo and I did throughout the entire screening many years ago. So, this weekend, when Bad Girls aired on HBO, I couldn't help but watch the entire film, cackling every time the Bad Girls shot up some creepy cowboy dude or blew up a bad guy's wagon.

What awful movie will you watch every time you notice it's on?

xoxo,
Suzanne

15 comments:

  1. Mommie Dearest
    The Bad Seed
    Desperate Living, Hairspray (John Waters)
    Valley of the Dolls
    I could go on and on....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutthroat Island with Geena Davis. It's totally unrealistic, but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't pass up Blazing Saddles or anything else by Mel Brooks. And don't forget; "you can't handle the truth" Love that movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that last one is a good movie now, but I have seen it many times but still stop and watch a little when it is on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bob and Doug McKenzie's Strange Brew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation -- it's a perennial favourite. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weekend at Bernie's and Enough...these are 2 that come to mind but I'm sure there are more :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Xanadu, Dirty Dancing, Thank God It's Friday, The Warriors. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Urban Cowboy (remember, I'm from Texas). That's where I got one of my favorite lines "Not all cowboys are stupid ya know, some of us got the smarts real good".

    ReplyDelete
  10. I watched bad girls in college while on acid and i thought it was great except the ending came out of no where.

    I was hoping for a sequel for a really long time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Goonies. Why? Why? Why? What is wrong with me?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dumb & Dumber or The Money Pit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Groundhog Day, pathetic I know.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't have cable or anything. But I like to rewatch my Bruce Almighty DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just don't 'do' bad movies again and sometimes I walk out (or leave the room, whichever applies) but there are several movies I watch repeatedly like Mr. Holland's Opus, for example.

    Bad's bad, and it just doesn't get any better or funnier for me.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please join our game of Questions.