Since Sudabaki sent in a zillion questions, I just picked a few:
1. Health, Money or Love? (Pick just one!) I pick health. Without your health, loving well and making money would be very difficult, not to mention kind of worthless.
2. Briefly imagine yourself standing at the edge of a body of water. Do you imagine yourself by a creek, river, swimming pool, lake, puddle, reservoir, pond, ocean, or someplace else altogether?
Ocean. I love the ocean.
3. If you had to lose one of your senses and you could pick which one, what would you pick? Why? This is a tuffy. I couldn't bear to lose the sense of touch, sight or hearing. So it's between taste and smell. I imagine taste would be affected if you couldn't smell. But a lot of men lose their sense of smell and seem able to taste just fine. Since I'm a crazy foodie, I really would hate to lose the sense of taste. So I'm going for smell.
4. What one thing did you do in childhood that still haunts your conscience? It's not so much what I did, but what other people did that haunts me.
5. A life without books or a life without electronic media? This question makes a novelist like me want to vomit. Both options are bad. No electronic media means no Question of the Day. No books means living without the comfort of my oldests friends. There's nothing like escaping in a book. But, as a writer, answering this horrible question, my work could still be read via electronic media, therefore I'd have to go with a life without books.
I'm going to go hug my bookshelves now. What about you?
3 years ago