Thursday, February 26, 2009

Question of the Day #113

This Saturday, my friends M & K, and I are co-hosting a garage sale at their house. So today I am going to begin the sorting of junk.

I've got more kitchen supplies than any chef could ever need, tools, painting supplies, trinkets and old electronics. All kinds of stuff that could easily become another person's treasures.

Which makes me think about fabulous garage sale finds I've gotten in the past. My favorite is the wrought iron coffee table base in my living room. I picked it up for $10 at a yard sale in Hollywood (Which is tough to do because those crazies price their junk at treasure rates. $100 for this moldy chair anyone?) then snagged a glass top on sale at Pier One for $60 and put together a fabulous coffee table for $70 total that I've had for about 8 years now.


What's your favorite garage sale find?

xoxo,
Suzanne

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on your garage sale! I'm having one in the spring. I can't wait to DECLUTTER!
    Cool table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We bought an old console stereo at a swap shop for 25 bucks. It doesn't run and we junked the turntable, but it looks really cool and retro. And we hid our small stereo system inside so it sounds like it works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is pretty boring. Last year, we found another scooter. Which is important when you realize that one scooter will not fit two twins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We bought an awesome trampoline at a yardsale once. Sadly, we had to leave it behind when we moved, but it was a really good one. We also found a brand new screen door for our old house for $15. It had never been used. I've gotten a lot of cool things at yardsales. Cool table!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please join our game of Questions.