Monday, December 6, 2010

Question of the Day #769

This question is brought to you by the letter "B."

During a vacation in Maui, Beck and I took a helicopter ride. We rose over the ocean and watched whales leap in and out of the water. We hovered near cliffs as waterfalls crashed down their walls. Then we flew into a deep valley. Steep lush jungle surrounded us.

I became terrified. I clutched Beck. I clung to my seat belt and tried to dig myself into my chair. Then I prayed.

I don't get motion sick. I love roller coasters and windy mountain roads. Turbulence doesn't bother me one bit.

But that helicopter got me. Big time.

Have you ridden in a helicopter? If so, how was it?

xoxo,
Suzanne

8 comments:

  1. No helicopter rides for me! Even before I read John Irving's A Prayer for Owen Meany (in which helicopter funerals are discussed), I was terrified of riding in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. But I would love to. Hmmmm...I wonder if a helicopter ride might cure my stupid fear of heights?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sister, I've been in THAT helicopter only it was over Kauai. The pilot dropped us into this canyon where I was sure the blades were going to touch the walls. Scareeee. Yup. Only time I've been as scared in a flying machine was taking off in dense fog from LAX in a little Cessna bound for Catalina.
    But you saw whales leaping!!!! That's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I flew over the Grand Canyon. I thought I would absolutely hate it, but I LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taking a helicopter trip is on my bucket list, and ideally, I'd like to do what Rena did and fly over the Grand Canyon. *jealous*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would think that would be a blast, but I've never done it.D's terrified of heights, but he went up in one while in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did I miss this one!? I, on the other hand LOVED the helicopter ride and I'm so glad I was there to be your real-live stress ball!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Took one over Victoria Falls! Fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please join our game of Questions.