Monday, April 18, 2011

Question of the Day #903

I do my best to eat as many organic foods as possible. I use paraben free lotions, deoderant that doesn't contain aluminum and at the beginning of this weekend I used a new organic sunscreen.

Yesterday, my face turned red and itchy. My cheeks puffed up a bit and my arms sprouted little red bumps where the sunscreen had been.

But, this morning, wowee! My face is gigantic. My right cheek is so puffed up, I can barely see out of my right eye.

It's hilariously pathetic.

Have you had any odd experiences while attempting to go organic?

xoxo,
Suzanne

5 comments:

  1. I haven't, but I hope you're feeling better soon. It sure sounds like you're taking it all in stride. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I hope the swelling goes down for you very soon. It sucks when you are trying to do something good for yourself and the planet, and it turns out so badly.

    I have yet to find a natural deoderant that can keep up with my sweat...so through several products, I've smelled pretty gross from time to time. I also used a natural body wash that made my skin burn. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, all success stories going organic.

    But I've had tons of allergic reactions to 'regular' lotions, sunscreens, etc. Feel better soon! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Constipation. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Suz. I recently had an allergic reaction to eating fruit. My mouth gets all dry and itchy. It gives me a skin rash and this time it was on my cheeks and down my chin, the tip of my nose and even my ear. So bizarre. The good thing is that it was barely visible to others, but I could definitely feel and see it. Freaks me out!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please join our game of Questions.