Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Question of the Day #601


Have I mentioned how cloudy it's been? Have I complained about how cold I am? Have I made it clear that this has been the coldest, cloudiest, most depressing Spring ever?

In case I haven't whined about it enough, May Gray and June Gloom have gone too far. It's almost July and still, LA is dark and dreary. I mean, seriously, does the beach in the picture look fun to you?

It drizzled Monday morning. (If you've ever lived here you probably just gasped.)

And I met with my critique group Monday. Their comments combined with my beta readers' comments prove that I have a whole lotta revising to do. Which is good, but I'm so dark and cloudy and low that I don't even want to go for a walk to get my creative wheels churning.

Waa waa waa. I know.

What's got you down?

xoxo,
Suzanne

12 comments:

  1. In all honesty, what's got me down is that I haven't finished MY feedback of your book...I've been sick. I'm REALLY close, but I've given it my total attention, so hopefully you'll appreciate why it's taken me so long. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kicking back in summer mode so I'm pretty up. Although my little ones have suddenly lost their ability to listen and it's driving me a bit batty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having stuff that needs to get done that's threatening to trail into my vacation next week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Revising isn't so bad. Hubby's in a bad mood, that has me down! I hate when bad moods are contagious. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hate to be a spoiled sport but it's the heat that's got me down. I can't stand how hot it gets where I am and it's starting. waa-waa-waa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get me down? Today I took a nap under my warm, fuzzy blankie and I hated to get up. It is fffreeeezing at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I'm just hoping the storms stay away from Chicagoland. (So far, so good this week). Cleaning up flooding in my basement seriously eroded my reading/writing time last week. Would you believe the rain came up through the drains in the window wells and in through the bottom of the windows themselves! UGH! But I am sorry about the foggy beach.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sick with chills, fever, aches...yuck! Otherwise, life is good. But, if I was living at a gloomy beach...well, I can't lie...I'd still be pretty freakin' happy. Buck up Buttercup! XOxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh, the clouds like that would drag me down, too. Mr. T, my oldest, has me down. Things are a struggle FOR him and WITH him. Oy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting! Can't wait to chat at the conference. : )

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please join our game of Questions.