Thursday, November 24, 2011

Question of the Day #1,124

I gather pens and paper
So we can document what we’re thankful for
Exhuming a 17 year old tradition
Started well before I truly knew what it meant to be thankful
before life smashed open
and showed me what was really inside
This morning, I know that gratitude is what I’m most thankful for
The wisdom to stop and thank God
and the universe
often
for everything and everyone that makes it, and me,
Grow
Like
JC, whose kindness is unmatched
My mother
Who teaches me every day
That nothing is out of my reach
Her husband, the best dad I know
H
“Intense conversations,” big ideas and insane giggles
My speedy crawler and her big sister
The Mansfielders
because one can show up after two years and make it feel like we never left the backyard
Late night ice cream
Crashing waves
Propane
Work
Guitars
My voice
The return of confidence
And do-overs
Because everybody loves a good comeback

What are you thankful for today?

xoxo,
Suzanne

5 comments:

  1. Im thankful to Sarah for passing that tradition on as well. I am using it later with my family in the bay area. Happy Thanksgiving to all who read this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My always favourite cousin--same as your best dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband, son and daughter. The place I live. Meds that are keeping me from needing surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful poem. I'm thankful for a shit-ton of things, but like I heard someone say (was it you?), I'm most thankful for gratitude. Gratitude is the pre-cursor to joy. Being aware enough to be thankful is a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything -- life's too short not to be thankful and grateful for everything I have. :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please join our game of Questions.