Sunday, August 22, 2010

Question of the Day #654

The lovely Simply V. provided us with this fabulous Question of the Day:

It is often said that laughter is the best medicine and that love cures all. What is the best medicine for you when you are feeling unwell?

What great timing for this question. My stomach bug has bothering me all week. And last night, as I wrote in an earlier post, I was supposed to sing with my friend, Bernie. Grumbling and queasy, I took all sorts of belly meds, waddled to the stage and sang my guts out.

My voice was clear, strong and on, even if my belly was way beyond off.

That was good medicine.

What works for you?

xoxo,
Suzanne

5 comments:

  1. We babysat for our 3-mo-old granddaughter this weekend--pretty darn good medicine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better!! :)

    I've learned how horrible it can be to be ill, and have to look after a child. So when I'm down and out, having someone help look after K, so that I can rest up, is the greatest medicine. A little dose of TLC never hurts either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Movie days...I love the days we stay dressed in our pj's and watch movies. :)

    I hope you are feeling better today....

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nap, glass of wine, or a delicious meal. Or all three :-)

    Also after a long day at work, there's no better medicine than "singing your guts out" in the car during my commute home. I don't sound even remotely as good as Suzi does, and that's half the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two things...my child and singing my guts out. Sometimes those two things happen to be in the same place at the same time and it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please join our game of Questions.