Friday, February 5, 2010

Question of the Day #457

So after my fabulous agent read some pages I've been working on, she gave me some comments that flicked on a high voltage light bulb in my brain. I'd been struggling with my main character's story and feeling frustrated with her for not just coming alive and running away with it.

What I didn't realize was that the timing was all wrong. Not the timing of me writing it, but the timing of the story.

So I'm psyched to be on a totally different course.

When have you been relieved to change course?

xoxo,
Suzanne

3 comments:

  1. Frankly, I'd be relieved to change course right about now. If only I could steer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The journey may not always be easy, but I'm usually pretty relieved any time I've changed course. Be it relationships, jobs, cities, abodes...change is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last summer, following the L.A. SCBWI conference, I started a major overhaul of the manuscript I'd been working on. Yeah, it was work, and yeah, it meant scrapping almost 30K words and rewriting (most of) them, but it felt good because it was the right decision. Like you said--sometimes, it just clicks.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please join our game of Questions.