Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Question of the Day #974

B's Facebook status update reads: "What tragedy to come home from vacation and find your refrigerator door open."

I've been surprised a couple times after a trip. There was the time M & A had been assigned to water all the flowers by the pool and I came home to shriveled, droopy plants. And there was the time I came home and S had taken over my room. Moved in. Totally.

I gave her about 43 seconds to get out.

And I do recall, after a cross country drive, coming home to a fabulous surprise welcome home party.

What surprise have you gotten when you arrived home from vacation?

xoxo,
Suzanne

5 comments:

  1. Man, who are those M&A characters? They are suspect in my book! (Don't ask Iris about her lawn...I think I give her the same surprise you got every time she comes home). What can I say, I go "green" by not watering things and letting green things turn brown. Sorry, Suz!

    Hmm, I got a "dear john" letter under the door from a bf once when I got home from Spring Break. It was actually a big sigh of relief and it couldn't have worked out better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No surprises when I got home, the only one was when I got surprised by a combo birthday party in the hood in venice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One time I arrived home from a work trip to a horrible smell in the apartment building, only to find it was MY apartment, and MY refrigerator! How embarrassing! The fridge had died probably the day I left, and everything had gone horribly bad. Gross. Embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two of our three cats once shut themselves into the downstairs bathroom. Luckily, we had only been gone one night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came home and the cat had gotten into my bedroom (which was closed). I closed it because my hamster is in there. And the cat really likes the hamster! Luckily, the hamster was okay! :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please join our game of Questions.