Thursday, November 27, 2008

Question of the Day #22

It’s like this
I cuddle underneath a blanket mountain and listen to the clamor of pots and pans
In somebody else’s kitchen
Savory scents wake my belly
And I shake off the dream I just woke from
In which I struggled past hundreds of people to get what I want
only to be stopped
again
It’s Thanksgiving
The day we purposely choose to think positively
And really look at the good around us
So I close my eyes and give thanks for
The family around me
The steppeople
H
My cheerleader, who told me to turn it into a “10”
A swept garage, an unstopped sink and steaks on Sunday nights
Tally’s story
The invitation for gray potatoes
The friend who asked to read my novel
My home and my garden, budding with promise
Answered prayers
Lives growing
And Hope
because although she’s been hiding
I know she’s still there

What are you thankful for?

xoxo,
Suzanne

8 comments:

  1. I am thankful that I have the best friends in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more! Thanks for friends, thanks for family, thanks for love, thanks for hope and thanks for Granny prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankful for the enjoyment that comes with family time, new family and the prospect of more new family. And don't forget the food. Glorious food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful that my mother is only here through the weekend and that she lives four hundred miles away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thankful for delicious food and family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aside from the obvious biggies (my awesome family, my health, etc) I like to be thankful for small things. Today I delight in the strange company of my new feline companion, the wonder of a working fireplace, and the glory of a beautiful sunny New England fall day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post!

    I'm thankful for a lot of things. I have been blessed in every area of my life and my problems are ones of abundance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am thankful for life itself. New life, old life, life with all its highs and lows, laughter and tears,challenges that push us forward toward our full potential. Laughter and crying which sometimes come at the same time with me! And of course love the glue of humanity.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please join our game of Questions.