Saturday, February 19, 2011

Question of the Day #844

Last night, I went to The Cowboy Palace Saloon to enjoy my friend's band, Jimi Nelson and the Drifting Cowboys. Wearing my (roommate's) cowboy hat, I watched as all sorts of people, young and old, danced the two step and a whole bunch of other steps I've never seen before.

It was awesome.

Those people can dance! They kicked, twirled and slid with confidence and they had a blast. And much to my surprise, my roommate did some badass line dancing.

Have you ever line-danced?

xoxo,
Suzanne

7 comments:

  1. Cowboy music's in my blood . . . as in, you can take the girl out of Oklahoma, but you can't take the Okie out of the girl. And the dancing? I did that in one of my earlier lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a blast! I once tried to line dance at the world's largest honky Tonk in Fort Worth, TX. With a ginormous Boston accent and my bad dance moves it's no wonder I was called a Yankee all night. Despite the enemy reference, the Texans were all very sweet about my poor showing! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure. There was a place called incahoots in glendale, but it closed down. There still is a place in thousand oaks also off 101.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, funny enough you should say that MattP, because I think that one off of the 101 in Thousand Oaks (T.O. as we call it) was the one I've been to. My friend had her bday party there and we boot-scooted. I've also been to the Broken Spoke here in Austin and that's a lot more authentic. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved Country music, but it wasn't until I heard the Jimi Nelson band that I started really getting into it. I started following them about 2 yrs ago and I'm proud to say that I now work for them and LOVE my job! Misanie

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please join our game of Questions.