Friday, November 7, 2014

What Are You Missing Out On as You Bitch About Stuff?

This morning, I prayed during my walk on the beach path. I thanked God for the warm day, the sunshine on my skin, the dolphins in the ocean and the ability to walk beside it and take it all in.

Then I heard a woman's voice behind me.

"Her bank account is overdrawn, her rent is past due and she's buying tea cups!" The woman bitched as she passed me on a beach cruiser. She pedaled along side a man. He stared straight ahead at the sparkling water.

A moment passed. Then she yelled, "Where did she get the money for f&cking tea cups?!"

He continued to stare ahead.

This is what she wasn't paying attention to:



All I have to say is take a look around people. Take a look around.

What are you missing out on while you bitch about stupid stuff?

xoxo,
Suzanne

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!

    I try to be positive but I'm sure I do miss a few things once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a look around and SHUT UP, right?
    I miss out on how terrific my kids are. I do. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful gratitude practice and reminder to be in the moment.

    Also, I bet those were some amazing teacups.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please join our game of Questions.