Thursday, September 4, 2014

Do You Know Anyone Who Goes Bananas for Birthdays?



My friend, Stacie, LOVES birthdays. Yesterday was hers. When I called in the morning, she answered the phone by saying, "It's my birthday!" All day, she sent texts about how excited she was for her birthday dinner. And when we arrived, she was wearing a sash that read, "It's my birthday!"

"Why do you love birthdays so much?" I asked.

"Because when we were growing up, my mama made our birthdays into the biggest holiday of the year. We got to choose our meal. We got to choose what kind of cake we wanted and we didn't have to do any chores!" she said.

She practically squealed. That made me giggle because there's something fabulous about feeling the magic of your birthday even after 40.

Do you know anyone who goes bananas for their big day?

xoxo,
Suzanne

4 comments:

  1. I'm thinking that would be a wonderful feeling. Do you read Jen on the Edge's blog? She is one of these people :-)

    I can say I enjoy my birthday, but I prefer to enjoy it rather quietly. And if it's missed because life is busy? I don't really notice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny. I was going to tell you about Jen On The Edge but Cassi already did! Jen celebrates for a week!

    Now that my kids are adults, they make a bigger deal of my birthday than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get giddy about birthdays and not just my own. The last few years my husband has had to be out of town on my birthday, which I have seen as an excuse to stretch the celebration out for at least a week, if not longer. I do sometimes throw myself parties, but I also relish everyone else's birthdays. I throw parties for all my single mom friends every year and sometimes some of my daughter's friends. Birthdays are the day we came into the world and should be celebrated, no matter how old you choose to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, make a big deal of birthdays. Not mine so much as everyone else's birthdays. LOVE to celebrate!!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please join our game of Questions.