Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Question of the Day #90

So while we're exploring our celebrity crushes, it's only natural we move on to TV. When I was growing up, I was OBSESSED with Charlie's Angels. I wanted to be an angel. The neighborhood girls and I would actually "play" Charlie's Angels, when each of us would get to act like Jill, Kelly or Sabrina and run around chasing after imaginary bad guys.

My fave was Jacklyn Smith. I so wanted to be that cool. She could walk a tightrope, pose as a high end call girl and wrestle guns away from huge burly men - barehanded.

In fact, as I eye my Charlie's Angels DVD box sets and plan my marathon for tonight, I think I still want to be that cool.

Who was your TV idol?

xoxo,
Suz

13 comments:

  1. When I was really really little, I loved Police Woman. I thought Pepper Anderson (Angie Dickinson) was the coolest person ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Charlie's Angels -- but I only had boys to play with in my neighbourhood. I would therefore follow the footsteps of my idol, The Bionic Woman, played by Lindsay Wagner, and kick some serious boy butt. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fave was Jaclyn Smith too! Her character's name was Kelly so when my friends and I played Charlie's Angels, I HAD to be Kelly. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have dark hair so I was always Kelly, too :)

    I also remember playing Bionic Woman. I had a bionic dog and bionic baby as well since I was married to the Six Million Dollar Man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Bonanza. I wanted to be Adam Cartwright's girlfriend. They rarely gave him a love interest though. Little Joe always got the girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um... I always used to be Daisy Duke. Which is so embarrassing to admit, except that I used to save myself from the bad guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to be "Winnie Cooper" from The Wonder Years. I'm a true child of the '80's, what can I say?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved "Little House on the Prairie" and looked just like Melissa Gilbert at the time, even the braids. I was also a huge fan of "Emergency".

    Cartoons were really my thing though. Still are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Either Leather or Pinky Tuscadero from Happy Days. They were the coolest chicks ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzanne, your questions really tax my brain. I can barely remember to put my shoes on before leaving the house. You want to know who my first kiss was, albums that shaped my life and who my TV idols were!! Okay, so I thought about this all day and even consulted with H. I think I used to pretend to be Wonder Woman! I think I need a nap now.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please join our game of Questions.